Sunday 16 June 2013

Good hard week

I was feeling pretty motivated after my Half Marathon performance. The legs didn't feel too sore and I was confident the pace was returning.

Monday I was in Bristol and did the 3 mile loop round the harbour followed by a decent stretch.

Tuesday was a travel day so I rested up. Wednesday I decided to do a 5 mile loop but do the middle 2 at tempo pace. I targeted the hilly section of the Herts10k route and pushed it as hard as I could.

Thursday was another travel day so another day off. Friday I put in a great reps session on the way back from the airport. 3 x 800-600-300 is tough along the undulating path from Luton.  I pushed the effort as hard as I could and was as close to being sick as I've ever been on the final 300.

Saturday I took it easy with 5miles around the park and golf course.

Sunday was supposed to be an easy long run but I was with the A-team and ended up on a quick 10 miles. It was great though and I was glad to hang on for half of it and then "chat" with Viddy on the way back.

Overall a good week and the pursuit of pace continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment