Tuesday 8 April 2014

A couple of easy ones

I've been in Bristol for the last couple of days.  My trips are normally fraught with late night dinners and eating lots of rubbish but so far I've been disciplined and sticking to the salads.

I've also managed a couple of short 3 mile runs both starting with practising my marathon warm-up routine.

Monday was a recovery run at a slow pace. I felt tired from the weekend and was glad to finish and have a good stretch.

This evening I was feeling sharper and after the warm-up started with a mile at marathon pace to see where my heart rate went. It was a tad fast but I was pleased to see the heart sticking around 160.

On Sunday I'll be content to see a 7:45-8:00min first mile and keep the heart around 155.

I've nothing planned for the next two days and only intend to cover 2-3 miles on Friday and Saturday.

I'm itching to get going now. The weather forecast for Sunday is looking perfect. No wind, dry and warming nicely through the day. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment