Wednesday 2 April 2014

The Taper goes EuroDisney

I've had a really easy week, relaxing and running very little so that the little niggles heal and the legs get a chance to recover.

The weekend was spent at EuroDisney with the family. A well deserved break for Susan and the kids who have been patient and supportive over the last few months.



I did manage a few shorter less intense runs over the week. Including a rep session in Bristol and then a kind of tempo session in Paris.

Now that I'm back it's time to build slowly again so that I'm ready to peak on marathon day.

As well as getting some sharpness back into my running it means practicing and rehearsing a few bits and pieces for race day. I've started with my warm-up. That's important for me as I have a tendency to get a high heart rate at the start of races which can stay high and cause me performance issues.

My warm-up starts with a very slow jog for 5 mins with one acceleration to race pace. That's followed by a stretching routine and then another 5 min jog and another acceleration to race pace.

I've followed the warm-up with a mile or two at race pace to see what happens to the heart. So far so good, with the heart is staying under 160 at a 7:45 pace.

Over the next few days the plan is to get 3 quality runs in - a 12 miler, some reps and a tempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment