Sunday 16 January 2011

Week 2, 27.7miles

A couple more miles this week but to be honest it was a bit of a shocker.

Work's just a bit busy so I couldn't find time to run on Tuesday or Wednesday which should have left me fresh for Thursday's reps. They, however, were a disaster. I've lost so much pace, endurance, determination in the last 3 months that I might as well realise its going to be a long hard road back to form.

The rep pace was poor and I caved for the last 3 or 4 of the session which was 10x2min, 1 min off.

I'm not panicking though and have resolved to get back with my running off heart rate. That's a shocker too with the pace well down in the 9/10mins. Woo. We'll see how long it takes for the 8's to return.

So next week. A bit of travelling planned but hopefully I'll maintain the mileage at or around 25. If I can slot in an extra that would be good.

2 comments:

  1. dump the heart rate monitor.... have a look at this
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/short-bursts-of-exercise-will-make-you-fitter-quicker-1921419.html
    and I am sure you are capable of a quicker average training pace - setting at a 1:40m half (I know you are quicker than this!) http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/rws-training-pace-calculator/1676.html
    Speirsy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. try putting in 40 mins for a 10k....

    ReplyDelete