Sunday 6 June 2010

Easy Does It, bike & run

Half term and a busy period at work has made it really difficult to get any training done. My last run was 2 weeks ago and apart from pottering about town I've not been on the bike for over 2 weeks. A couple of tame swims don't count.

So it was good to get out tonight. I hooked up with Anthony. We'd done our rain and snow runs through the winter and tonight was payback time. It was a perfect evening, warm, light breeze, not too humid.

We headed down to the Luton path and at COoter's End headed over East Hyde and up to Peters Green. The chat and banter was excellent. We sorted the World Cup, England have a chance, especially now Gerard is captain, oh yeah, and Stevie's definetly off to Real Madrid.

Anthony relived Istanbul 2005, Champions League final. His story of organising the trip for 10 scousers was hilarious.

Just outside Peters Green and 6 miles in I left Anthony to make his own way back. I had to pick up my bike which had been borrowed by James Cole for today'a Blenheim Triathlon. He did well and the bike helped make it a reasonable time.

I cycled home and was delighted to be out.

Overall it was a nice and easy session. The legs feel good and hopefully with holidays and the work schedule looking a bit more reasonable I can establish a pattern to my training again.

No comments:

Post a Comment