Monday 26 September 2011

Home & Away

A weekend trip to Scotland was required to visit family. I was just outside Aberdeen and had amazing weather.

Saturday morning I managed a quick 5 mile loop round the outskirts of the town. The roads were quiet and the scenery was great.

That was it apart from my brother managing to raise my heart rate. He's got a few driving qualifications so don't be trying this at home. But I've never felt quite so sick since a roller coaster in the USA.  Thrashing around the lanes at 60-90 is not my idea of fun. Although in retrospect he knew what he was doing.

This evening I did a quick lap of the 10k circuit. I decided to make it a fartlek session and aimed to do the effort on the uphill section. I thought it was 1min on, 2 off but it turned out to be 1 mile on, 2 mins off. Yikes. It did work well though as the main efforts came at the hilly section and I was pleased to push on those with something in the tank. In the end the 4 miles were at just about 7min pace.

I managed a lunchtime swim session today as well. I think there might have been a breakthrough with my front crawl finally being quicker than my breast stroke! I know, pathetic but a breakthrough all the same.

The next few days are going to be busy. I'm down in Somerset for an announcement which will cause a bit of angst and no doubt be in the news. Anyway, the shoes and trunks are coming so I can escape when the job's been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment