Friday 23 September 2011

Swim sessions

So I'm 3 weeks into the new swimming regime. It's hard work. I am so rubbish at swimming!

Drills and reps galore. Worst of all has got to be 4 x 25m legs only. I am so slow its untrue.
I'm fine on my back, I kick away and off I go. But on my front, I might actually be going backwards.

There are signs of green shoots though.  I'm finding the arm drills helping my stroke efficiency which means less strokes to complete a length. And, I suppose my confidence is improving and I'm not a out of breath as much as I was 3 weeks ago.

The session is, 12 x 25 warm up, 4 x 25 legs, 2 x breathing right, 2 x breathing left, 4 x high elbows, 8 x 50 flat out. Then a warm down.

At the moment I'm managing 2-3 sessions a week. So surely there's got to be some improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment