Thursday 21 February 2013

Catch Up, Good miles and Bad miles

Work's been a tad busy and meant I've had very little time to catch up on the blog or fit in that many runs. That may be a blessing in disguise as I'm still not 100% and can't be running every day or else I'll be back to square one!

I've done a few steady sessions and a couple of long runs over the last 10 days. The long runs were a complete contrast.

On Sunday I did a painful 13.5 mile run to Church. I wasn't well prepared. A late night, no breakfast and only a cup of water to get me going. It was ok until mile 8 and then a real struggle. I really didn't enjoy it and was dehydrated and starving by the time I arrived at SBC. Susan was a star though and had made me some sandwiches so I was watered and fed on arrival. SBC Run

Last night I took completed a 12 mile run out-and-back in Bristol. It was freezing in the wind and with only one layer and no gloves, it was painful. However, the running legs were good and my chest/breathing felt as good as it has for weeks. I kept the heart rate low (zone 2) and managed to keep all but one under 9min pace. I was very happy with that. Bristol 12 miles

Today the legs feel strong and there's no aches or pains.

The plan is 7 miles tomorrow, a run back from the airport and then a longer one on Saturday morning. That should see me at 35 miles for the week which isn't too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment