Sunday 10 February 2013

Pavement Pounder, 14.5miles

It hasn't been a great week for running. I ended up driving 1000miles which doesn't really leave much time or energy for a run.

Not that the weather has been too inspiring, freezing and rain.

This morning was no different. The Met Office says it feels like -1c in the icy wind and rain. I can vouch for that I'm sitting by the Aga trying to get warm.

I missed the 7am start with Dave & Lee. Instead I set off at 7.30am in the direction of St Albans. This is one of those straight there and back runs that is a road and pavements 13-14miles. I couldn't face any mud and puddles today.

The way out was into the wind which was a great decision as I was still warm and motivated. By the turn at Westminster Lodge though I was soaked through, my cap was like a sodden ice block and a bus home was very tempting.

The slog back was with the wind and wasn't as bad as the way out. I added a loop up Hill Road and round Park Avenue to get the miles over 14.

The legs are very stiff but overall I don't feel too bad. I just need to warm through.

It's Chinese New Year and we're having a Chinese lunch with Granny today, hope you all have a lovely day and year of the Snake!

Pavement Pounder, 14.5miles

No comments:

Post a Comment