Saturday 2 February 2013

This is going to hurt...... London Marathon Training

Thanks for taking a look at the blog.

I signed up to do the London Marathon back in October but have spent the last few months limping from one virus to the next.  Recovery from pneumonia and a kidney infection wasn't quite as quick as I'd hoped.

Anyway, I'm feeling better and have started the "Panic Programme" or a 12 week schedule to get ready to run the 26.2 miles.

Last time I ran the London Marathon I was aiming for somewhere near 3 hours, this year I'll be delighted with sub 4.

This week I've managed 5 runs, a total of 28 miles and 4000 calories burned so far.

Airport Run
Bristol Loop
Twice round the Bristol Loop
Roundwood Loop
Herts 10k

The legs have ached a bit but nothing too major. My lungs are probably at 90% so I'm not pushing the pace or heart rate.

Tomorrow I'll be looking to get in a longer run, probably 10 or 11 and then on a weekly basis building that up by 1-2 miles at a time. The idea will be to peak at 19 or 20 a couple of weeks before the race.

I need to lose a few kilos. Current weight is 84kg but by race day I aim to be back to 79 or 80kg.

78 days to go and it's not going to be pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment