Thursday 11 August 2011

Lunchtime Reps and Evening Cycle, 19miles

Excellent session with the elite Grid boys at lunchtime. Will, John, Rob and a new lad Rob made up the numbers for 20x30s on/30s off.
The first few were pretty straightforward. I'd decided to pace off Will who normally leaves me for dust, but he was off form and it was the new lad who was blasting. On rep 7 I decided to keep up with him. Bad mistake. It was downhill from there and when someone said that's 12 done I nearly cried.
13-19 were painful but somehow I hung on and finished strongly on rep 20. For some strange reason the Garmin only saved my heart rate so I've no idea how fast things were and how they deteriorated.
In the evening Susan and I took off for a 19 mile loop round Markyate and Flamstead on the bikes. The pace was easy after a tough day but very enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. you need the satellites locked before pace and distance can be recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. Never happened before but see what you're saying and see how it happened. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete