Sunday 3 March 2013

50 mile week

Stepping up the volume has been a tale of two halves. Last Sunday I did a steady 18miles. It was a planned route, I was well fed, hydrated and carried some water & gels. On Monday I felt strong and did 7 miles to stretch the legs. I didn't want to push it so I took a rest day on Tuesday and started building after that.

On Friday I decided to take the train to Bath and run back to Bristol along an old railway path. 13 miles it says on the tin, so I planned to step up the pace and see how I coped with 13 miles at 8min miles.

All was well for 2 miles then I lost the path, ended up climbing a hill, running along a main road, through some fields and eventually back to the path. 5 miles run and 12 to go? No water and one gel I decide to try and limit the damage. By the time I get back to the hotel I'm wrecked. Bath to Bristol

The legs are still shot to pieces. I did an 8 today but the aches and pains are still there. What a lesson for proper preparation before heading off into the unknown. Sunday 8

Not sure what the week ahead holds. I've a few nights in Bristol but I'm staying well clear of that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment