Tuesday 4 August 2009

Full set on a Tuesday

Turned out to be quite a good day. After dropping the kids at their holiday club in Redbourn I cycled home. Focusing on a cadence of 100 and good pedal form. Sweet, even in the rain.

Sneaked a lunchtime swim and a core session. Met Sam Phelps again, he was bombing up and down the fast lane while I concentrated on my stroke drills. More bilateral and off-side breathing drills but also threw in a few one arm / rotation lengths. On my final length I decided to stroke count and was delighted with a 25. Next swim will be Thursday and I should be fresh and able to crack my new pb.

Late afternoon I decided to run down to Redbourn. Focus was running form, high cadence and low HR. Realised as I headed out towards Cooters End Lane that I'd left a little late and I'd better get a move on. Two dogs helped keep me moving, next time I'll stop and kick them in the chops. Turned up at the holiday club two minutes after finish time. Woops.

Good day muchos calories expended but most of the effort was in zone 3 or below. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment