Wednesday 5 August 2009

Wednesday Reps

I was still feeling a bit jelly legged following yesterday's longer and quicker than planned run, so knew in my heart there was going to be pain.

Following the weekend's training and assessment session at the Running Inn I focused on running form, lightness on feet and a shorter more dignified recovery.

After warming up with a gentle jog down Crabtree Lane, the session began with a controlled blast along the path towards Wheathampstead. All was good, no dogs, old folk or prams in the way. Felt good and even managed a gentle jog through recovery rather than my usual doubling up and staring at my shoes. The remaining reps got steadily harder and slightly slower, could only think of Mike from the Running Inn calling me a wimp. As he proved at the weekend I can do 750m in 2.15.

Maintained form better than usual on each of the reps and only doubled-up after rep 5. The trot home was made easier when I bumped into one of the Batford Yummy Mummy's, funny how all thoughts of exhaustion and puking instantly left and I became charming, windswept and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment