Friday 14 August 2009

Reps on the Lea Vally Path

It was a bit of a domestic day, running around with the kids and preparing for the arrival of Colin & Iain for the eagerly awaited U2 gig. So I was excited but not really prepared for the reps.

Headed down on the bike and warmed up. Was worried about all the dog walkers as I could see visions of me getting my heels bitten.

Anyway, first rep was steady. I focused on lightness, cadence and keeping my chin up. I kept it up during the recovery too and not once did I stare down panting for breath. A positive sign.

Six reps meant I was going to have hassle from some dog and its owner. Sure enough a smiling family with an overly eager brown one did the biz. I full flow I had to stop and wait for the mutt to be dragged away.

The reps were good enough. My best performance yet on 5/6 and reasonably consistent on 1-4. So it looks like this new programme is bringing the improvements it promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment