Thursday 9 September 2010

40 and over the hills

The plan was the Bison hill loop and we managed a prompt departure after work. I was loaded with my fuel and Adrian was planning to keep the pace up.

The first leg over to Potten End was into the wind. So that was a bit tougher than usual. As we approached the hill to Potten End the heavens opened and we were soaked. That made us speed up the hill and get under the canopy of the trees. Into Ashridge and it was full of deer considering a leap across the road. We then headed down towards Bison Hill and Whipsnade. My last ride on Bison saw me crack it by sitting the whole thing. That was nearly 4 weeks ago so I was wondering how I'd do. It was a tough climb but I made it again.

We made the descent to Markyate in no time, the wind was behind which made it very comfortable. Through Slip End and home for Adrian but I decided to head on a loop to Kimpton. So it was over the hill by Luton Hoo and up to Peters Green. From there to Kimpton and up the steep hill out. The last climb of the day was out of Wheathampstead. From there it was home and 43 miles done.


40 and over the hills by kdmurray65 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment