Saturday 4 September 2010

Road & Golf Course, 4.3miles

It was an early start this morning so I got out at around 0630 and it was markedly easier to run.

I took the golf course and then a new road that worked its way between the old 9 and the new PGA course. It was a lovely route and a shame I only took it today - probably my last run.

I even managed to pick up the pace for the last 0.3 miles and saw the garmin go under 6min mile pace.

Later it was swim time. The currents have been slightly outrageous as has the swell. I managed to complete my laps today even when I saw a stingray.

My swimming has improved dramatically. I've been finding it very comfortable and have managed quite an improvement in efficiency. We'll see how that transforms back in the pool.

Overall its been a low intensity but high effort period of training. The runs have been a mental and physical challenge, while the swims have been very encouraging.

2 weeks to the Half Ironman race. Now it's just fine tuning, hopefully I've got the fitness to deliver a 6 hour time.

Road & Golf Course, 4.3miles by kdmurray65 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment