Sunday 15 December 2013

Good week and 154 of 1000miles complete #17weekstogo

I'm feeling the healthy fatigue of a good wholesome week mixed with some good running and 3 nights out on the bounce.

The party season is well and truly on. Thursday was Bristol for the team night out. I am such a lightweight and was still cream crackered after taking the early night option at 12.30. Friday was the dad's band extravaganza in Harpenden and a night of bouncing around to Teenage Kicks, ATown Called Malice and I would walk 500miles took its toll. Saturday with my ears still ringing, was the daddy of all drinks parties with a very generous host and hostess making sure all the guests were incredibly well fed and watered.

So after less than 6 hours sleep it was out for the Sunday long run. Steve, David, Phil and Darren were the posse. 3 miles in I was wondering why I'd come out? The mud was thick, slippy and even though my weight is falling off I couldn't float over the bog like the other lads. I somehow recovered and made it through the 13.5miles. I'm to make sure my next Sunday run with the lads is after a few good nights sleep. That'll have to wait as I'll be in Bonny Scotland next week.

Overall it's been another positive week. The fitness is improving, the weight loss is good with half a stone lost in a month. I've just edged over 150miles at 154miles toward the 1000miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment