Sunday 1 December 2013

#VLM19weeks_to_go, 37miles completed

19 weeks until race day on April 13th and I'm quite satisfied with the week. Ok there was a bit an error of judgement on Wednesday when I decided to try a hill session and got it all wrong by doing too much too soon. I didn't really get over it until this morning!

Today was good. 8 of us out on the trails of Harpenden, Redbourn and Flamstead. One or two new paths for me and a good few inclines to test my hill strength! We got lost but managed to loop back and complete a decent 12 miles. I was pleased, as I was struggling on the hills but managed to cling on and not fall too far behind. Somehow I recovered and was fine for the last 3-4 miles in fact I managed to tail Spiersy up from Redbourn Golf Course.

At this stage I shouldn't be chasing fitness, I should be building slowly, establishing the habits and routines that will set me up for the push over Christmas when, depending on good health, I should start to step up the mileage and intensity.

The coming week is going to be similar to last. Some days with 2 runs, one hill session (easier this week), a tempo and then a cross country race next Sunday. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment