Sunday 9 March 2014

Big week, 70 miles

That was a big week. I somehow managed to get 70miles completed in 9 runs since Monday.

The big one was today, 24 miles in the morning and covered in around 3hrs 37mins. I felt good and could have carried on but wisdom prevailed and I stopped at that point.

The morning was absolutely cracking. David and I set off just before 7 on a 12 mile loop down towards Flamstead. That took us out round Redbourn and back up the Nicky Line. The plan was to pass by the house and pick up gels and a drink for the second 12.

David set a steady tempo and held me just under 9min pace. That was a tad faster than I'd normally pace it but I felt fine and appreciated the company. Unfortunately he wasn't on top form and felt ill so pulled out at mile 12 and headed for home.

I had my drink, picked up a bottle and gels, and headed out towards Sommeries Castle, Peters Green and Sauncey Wood. There was a fair number of ups and downs to get through. The ups were easy but the downhill sections were brutal on the quads.

The scenery was fantastic and I enjoyed seeing Lauran & Andrew's house in full morning sunshine.

On the final stretch I bumped into Speirsy and his kids. A quick catch up on his 12 miler and I was off, finishing the last couple of miles feeling strong.

This evening I've just done a couple more miles to stretch the legs and make sure I got over the 70 mile mark for the week.

Tomorrow is a rest day and then back to it on Tuesday. The plan is another 70 this week.

Thanks to everyone who has sponsored me over the last few weeks. It makes a tremendous difference when you know that so many people are backing you. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment