Wednesday 12 March 2014

Wednesday Reps, 10x800

Today's my intervals or reps day. With only over 4 weeks until the marathon there's no gains to be made in going full gas on these sessions. Instead it was a steady but fast pace with a short recovery period. I settled on 10 x 800m, with 1 min rests.

The route was out passed Roundwood and back along the Nicky Line a couple of times.

Weather was a bit chillier than I was expecting but by my 7th rep I'd forgotten all about that.

I was pleased to be holding a fairly steady effort level but with the pace varying with the incline.

The pace probably averaged around 6:50 for the 800's which is alright. Tomorrow I'm going to take very easy, just a few miles to the total. But Friday it will be a decent session with a good few miles at marathon pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment