Wednesday 19 March 2014

Long Midweek Run, 16 miles

The week is up and running. Last night was an easy paced 7 miles with a few of my work colleagues.
Tonight was a bit more hard core with my first run back to Bristol from the office in Hewish. It's along a main road which I expected to be uninspiring but there were plenty of hilly sections and villages along the way to make it interesting.

I was intending to run around 9min mile pace but found myself fairly comfortable at 8:30's so held that.

I was being joined by my colleague Amy for the last 6 miles and had to wait around for her to be dropped off.  It was getting dark just as we got onto the Jubilee cycle path which covers the last 3 miles.

The company for the last few miles was excellent and helped me keep the pace at a steady level.

Afterwards it was time for a good stretch and then off to watch United get the 3-0 win they needed. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment