Wednesday 5 March 2014

Ramping up the mileage

With 3 weeks of intense training to go and then 3 weeks tapering down for the Marathon, this is the week to start ramping up the mileage and establishing the firm endurance base.

My legs felt remarkably ok after the Berko Half so I took off for a 5 miler at lunchtime which was very pleasant in the sunshine.

Yesterday I was in Bristol and managed to find time and energy after work to complete 13 miles. These were at a steady 9min/mile pace and I was grateful to have the company of one of my colleagues for 8 miles.

Tuesday is my new vegetarian day. I've joined another of my colleagues in giving up eggs, meat and fish on a Tuesday. It's no big deal really but makes a nice change.

This morning I was up at the crack of dawn and did a 4 mile loop of the Bristol Harbour. It was still dark when I got back at 6.10 but it looks like it's going  to be a glorious day.

Tonight it's reps and I hope to complete them on a new path not far from Bristol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment