Thursday 13 March 2014

Easy 12miles, 2 run Thursday

It was a cracking day today. Very warm in the sun now that the easterly wind has died.

I got out at lunchtime in my running vest and did a loop of the Herts 10k route. The mud has dried up now after months of rain and it's a pleasure to run off road again.

Even the golf course was heaving and I had to dodge between the tee's and watch for annoying someone putting for a birdie.

I intended to take it ready but found myself pushing a bit harder up the hill but then eased off for the run home.

This evening we've had 15 ladies round from Louis' nursery. If ever there was an excuse to make myself scarce and get a few miles in this was it.

I set off on my loop over to Kinsbourne Green and back.  I threw in a climb unto the new section of Nicky Line and came back that way. With no head torch it was nice running on a level tarmac section.

Overall it was 12.5 easy miles today. Averaging around 9min miles. Tomorrow is tempo day and the intention is 7-10 miles at 7.30 / 7.45 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment