Friday 1 January 2010

New Year's Day, 8.1miles

The plan had been for a 13mile loop round Brocket Hall but I had to cut my run to an hour due to a sick family back at the ranch.

We were 6 for the 8am meet. Simon was back after a good few weeks, as was Niall who'd been in the DR. Darren joined for his first soiree and that left Paul, Dave and I making up the numbers.

Niall set off like a hare! We were strung out in 3 pairs of 2's but luckily by the time we headed up into the fields at the back of Batford he'd slowed and we regrouped.

I'd not been up there on a run before. It was crisp underfoot with the odd bit of ice but nothing too bad. The moon was up and providing an awesome picture in a clear blue sky.

We cut across fields and bridleways, then across Mid Herts Golf Course and out into Gustard Wood. At that point the lads continued to Brocket Hall and I returned home via Wheathampstead.

I took the infamous hill by Aldwickbury Golf Course. A year ago Niall and Dave took me up that and I nearly collapsed. Today I ran up it and accelarated at the top knowing that the recovery would come, and it did.

Overall 8.1 miles in 1.08. HR was z2/3 apart from a short Z4 on the hill. That is a mark of progress, not long ago any run with the lads was z4/5 all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment