Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snow snow snow, 8.2miles

I'd hoped to join the Aro mob this evening but events conspired to postpone my debut. Instead it was a solo 8.2miles in the snow. The south east is really taking a hit this evening with 3-4 inches falling in the last 4 hours.

I set off towards Aldwickbury and spotted the Aro footfalls in the fresh snow. Looked like only a handful were out and were home by the time I'd got out.

From Aldwickbury I headed for Long Buftlers then down Medway. From Grove Road I decided to head up Cross Lane to the St Albans road. Snow affords a bit more light to the bridleways so having successfully got up Cross Lane it was off to Rothampstead Park and across to the Nickey Line. Again this was easy as the snow provided more than enough illumination.

Crossing to the Nickey Line www.nickeyline.org was amazing, no one had been out so it was fresh paths and only some rabbits and foxes were providing company. From there it was up the Nickey Line and along passed St Georges and home.

Overall 8.2miles in a 1hr 10min jaunt. Tomorrow looks likely to be a working at home day, so hopefully I'll get a lunchtime run in.

2 comments:

  1. Brr, sound cold to me. But walking well wrapped up is good too. How about adding a link to the Nickey Line site www.nickeyline.org for other people to give the snow a try?

    Dave Abernethy

    ReplyDelete