Thursday 28 January 2010

Two runs, including reps, 10.3miles

So I managed a 5 mile run before breakfast. Easy loop down the Nickey Line and back via West Common. Averaged 9.12 min miles which is nice and easy.

After breakfast it was up to Warwick and at lunchtime it was time to join the National Grid boys for 10 x 2min on and 1min recovery. It was a great turn out, 7 of us, and a bit scary with all of them looking young and fast.

On the off, Will (ironman) and Steve (too fast) set off with me chasing hard. Rep 1 ok. 2-6 were fine, I finished 3rd on each. On 7, I was 4th but the guy in 3rd was finished after that so for 8 and 9 it was back to 3rd. On 10 I decided to try and hang on to the top two. All was fine until the last 20 seconds when they just kicked and literally put 15-20 yards between us. It was impressive.

Average pace for the reps was 5.50(ish). Distance covered was 5.3miles. I enjoyed the two runs and don't feel too much pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment