Wednesday 27 November 2013

Easy morning, Hilly evening, 8.5miles

The day went to plan with an easy stretch first thing and then a hill session in the evening. Must admit I am flaked now.

The morning was mild in Bristol. No frost or wind, so no real need for the hat and gloves. A gentle run was a fine start to the day.

In the evening it was the dreaded hill session. I hate hills. I'm crap at them and so this was going to be a challenge. I set the Garmin up for 3 sets of 10x30 sec efforts with a 3 minute rest between reps. At least that's what I thought I'd done. The session went to pieces and I ended up running I don't know how many with no proper rest. The session looked like this Garmin. My final couple of efforts really got the heart going.

Anyway, I'm glad it's over. The achilles is feeling a bit tender now and I'll see what the morning brings. If I'm awake it'll be a gentle stretch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment