Wednesday 20 November 2013

Reps in the rain, 3x800, 3x600,3x400

I'm in Bristol and needed to blow away the cobwebs. I decided a bit of speed work was in order, nothing too eye-popping but a session to get the legs turning over a little quicker. So it was 3x800, 3x600, 3x400 with a reasonable recovery.

The rain and wind greeted me but I wasn't wimping out. After the warm up it was off round the harbour. The first effort was steady but the second was a struggle. Number 3 and I was in the groove. The pace was pretty constant which is a good sign.

The 3x600's felt fine and I found myself back in Queen's Square dodging through various groups doing circuits. With the various personal trainers watching I knew I was stepping up the pace.

Overall I was running well within myself but glad to get a bit of pace into the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment