Thursday 20 February 2014

Easy 5 after a day in the smoke

I've been eating for Britain today. Porridge, a muffin from Starbucks, 2 Pret sandwiches and I'm not saying what I've had for tea. Bad news is I'm still hungry!

I had a day in London attending a planning inquiry. Not the most inspiring day and I was glad to be able to get out for a 5 mile run this evening. 

I was feeling strong, probably on the back of all that food, and had to concentrate on keeping it steady. The route took me all the way out to Kinsbourne Green and then back along the A1081. Not the most pleasant of roads to run along but well lit and fairly even.

So another 5 easy miles followed by a good stretching session means I should be pumped and ready for a solid tempo run tomorrow. At this point I'm thinking 6-7miles at 7:20 pace should be about right but we'll see. Hopefully I'll be joined by David if we can coordinate our schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment