Wednesday 26 February 2014

Home and 2x1.5miles at Half Marathon Pace

I didn't manage an early run in Bristol this morning. Instead it was an evening run round the Avenues.

The weather is fine, nice and dry with a slight chill in the air. Perfect for running.

Tonight was my last big effort before Sunday's half marathon. The idea was to do 2x1.5mile segments at half marathon pace. The target was 7:25 for the first and 7:10 for the second.

I got a bit carried away and they were a tad faster. I felt good on lap 1 with the pace varying because of cars on Maple Road causing me to stop. Lap 2 was steady and the heart rate profile shows a steady level just below my lactate threshold.

The two segments averaged at 7:16 and 6:48. I'll be aiming for a negative split on Sunday but I doubt it will be at those kind of speeds.

A few easy miles over the next few days and I'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment