Friday 14 February 2014

Tough Conditions

Man, this weather is unrelenting. It's pouring and for the last couple of the days the wind has been getting stronger and stronger.

This evening's as bad as its been. Not a good night for my attempt at a tempo run. I couldn't get going at all with the wind, rain and darkness. I was concerned about pot holes - last thing I need is a twisted ankle.

So it was a steady with the only bit of good effort coming along Southdown Road which improved my position on the Strava segment.

Yesterday I had a run home from the airport. I'd forgotten the Garmin and had no idea of what pace I was doing until I bonked with 3 miles to go. Too little food pushed me over the edge and I had to struggle up Cooters End Lane. The only positive was that I kept jogging even though every bit of me was shouting WALK!

Tomorrow is meant to be an easy day followed by a long run on Sunday but I think I'll see how the weather is and just take advantage of any respite.

No comments:

Post a Comment