Monday 24 February 2014

Rest day & short recovery run

Trust the sun to be out today! We had the first signs of spring this morning which is great and let's hope it continues through to the weekend.

My legs have felt remarkably fine after yesterday's 20miles. I've a few aches and pains but nothing serious.

I had to go an pick up a car so decided to jog down to the station and pick up a train to Luton. I then jogged up to the airport at an easy pace. The legs freshened over the 20mins and were better for the stretch.

This is going to be a fairly easy week, less mileage and less intensity in the key sessions, as I prepare for the Berkhamsted Half Marathon. I need to be fresh as I've got injured the last twice I've done this race.  This time I'm going to be sensible and try and stick to my marathon pace for the first half of it. I also want to do a negative split which means running the second half of the race slightly quicker than the first. All that should be achievable if I turn up fresh and with a good plan worked out.

Tomorrow I'm contemplating 6x400m reps, Wednesday possibly 2x1.5miles at race pace and then an easy few miles on Thursday. If I do 30miles this week I'll be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment