Sunday 4 July 2010

July 4, catch up

Tri training is underway. The swimming is my main struggle. I was never great but a winter of running has meant that my pool time has been zero.

Getting back in the water I've had to get back to basics. So its drill time coupled with just churning out the lengths. It's actually not as bad as it was 2 years ago. Then I could manage 2 lengths of crawl and die. Now I can keep going reasonably ok, not fast but at least I can breath.

I've 2 months to build my swim fitness. The half ironman starts with a 1.9km swim.

The bike fitness is good. My endurance is in good shape after the marathon training and I've improved my technique and confidence. New top speed is 45mph. Also nailed Bison Hill again on my second ride over that way, so just need to keep building the strength up. I think its a 90km bike ride to follow the swim.

Running is on the back burner. Not much time for serious running but need to change that. So tomorrow it'll be back to a lunchtime run with the Grid team. Then hopefully to the Aros on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment