Tuesday 21 January 2014

Back from a knock-out blow!

It's been over a week since my last blog. It was very positive and I had no idea that just a few hours later I'd be hit by an infection that knocked me for 6 and lost me 4kg in a week.

So what happened. I woke early on the Sunday morning with a fever and a headache to end all headaches. I was awake for a few hours and realised I wasn't running the cross country. I spent the day in the house feeling rough.

I managed a day at work on Monday but overnight on Monday all hell broke loose and I was in a very bad way. Tuesday I was at the GP and given antibiotics but they did nothing and by Saturday I had lost 3kg. One more was lost before Monday and seeing the GP for a few tests to see I'm ok.

Since yesterday I've been back to normal. Tired and skinny but no fever, no headache and I've got my appetite back. I am restless so went for the gentlest of jogs today to see how the legs felt. I was ok and managed a mile with no stopping. So I did another. Susan will kill me if she finds out.

Anyway, easy does it stallion. It'll be a slow build from here. 

Oh yeah, on November 12 I was 13.5 stone, or 85kg. Today I'm just under 12.5 stone or 79kg. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment