Wednesday 29 January 2014

Not quite there yet, 6x800s

I'm feeling a lot better and have felt able to get out and do a few runs this week.

Yesterday I had long day trip down to Bristol and in the evening I took an easy 4 mile run round the streets. The legs felt ok and it was good to use up some energy.

Today is reps day but i kicked off with an easy 3 miles back from dropping the kids at the bus stop. Again the legs felt good and I was really looking forward to the rep session.

The weather was pants. A cold wind and steady rain made for miserable conditions but I wanted to see how I'd cope with a good hard session. The plan was 6x800s with 2mins off.

The first few reps were fine and I felt I was pushing as hard as I could. The reality was that they were way off where I was before getting ill. Looks like I've lost some strength in the last couple of weeks.

I just need to keep focused and not get too despondent. I'm sure I can rebuild and get even stronger than I was 4 weeks ago.

Tomorrow is an easy run to recover from today and get ready for Friday's tempo effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment