Wednesday 8 January 2014

Back into it

I was pretty tired on Monday after the long run on Sunday. My legs were weary and a full day off was the call.

Lunchtime on Tuesday and I needed to get out and clear my head after a long morning on the phone and laptop. An easy 2 miles with a few short strides got the lungs and heart going.

In the evening I took off for an hour after dark. I'd missed the Arrows session but probably passed a few on my trek around the streets. In the end I completed nearly 7 miles miles in an hour.

Today it was back to the hard work. This session sounded painful, 10x800m, 1min off at 6.50min/mile.

I took off at lunchtime and the first 2 800's were a struggle. I couldn't get into the pacing and my lungs and heart felt like they weren't going to settle. Eventually they did and I managed to get to rep 5 feeling ok. On the way back it seemed fine until the uphill on the last rep. That hurt and I struggled to get the pace back on target. I'll take that. Overall I was pretty tight to the target and that's a good sign.



No comments:

Post a Comment