Monday 27 January 2014

Burns Night Recovery


Saturday was Burns Night, the traditional evening spent celebrating the life and works of Robert Burns. This is a big year for Scotland, what with the Commonwealth Games, the Ryder Cup and a little matter of a referendum on independence. So it was important that our Burns Supper was a fitting celebration.

22 guests enjoying wine, whisky, haggis, some Burns and a few speeches made for a grand if tiring evening.

In preparation I'd taken an easy run on Saturday afternoon. Zone 1 all the way which meant I hardly broke sweat.

Sunday was the big clean up and after lunch I thought I'd go for my long run. But after getting changed and deciding on a route I realised I was completely mad and didn't go.

So today would normally be a rest day but I've squeezed 9 miles in, 2 in the morning and 7 at lunchtime. I must admit I'm still feeling tired and probably should have stuck to 5 miles at lunch. Tomorrow's a rest day as I do a day return to Bristol. I'm expecting it to be a long tiring day but hopefully I'll be ready for reps on Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment