Thursday 30 January 2014

Low cholesterol and a Golden Mile

Today is an easy day. Just steady running at low heart rate, recovering from yesterday's reps and getting ready for tomorrow's tempo run.

I took off at lunchtime and struggled to get a rhythm going. In fact I was still struggling after 3 miles so I stopped and stretched for a few minutes. I found myself at the start of the Harpenden Arrows Golden Mile and decided to set off and just run at a comfortable pace.

I was moving along feeling comfortable when I looked at the Garmin and saw 6:44 pace. That was a shock and I lost my rhythm for a few minutes before settling back and holding the sense of balance. It was funny, my breathing felt fine and the legs were comfortable and I held it for the whole mile.

That was my best run along that section and a real confidence boost after yesterday's disappointing reps.

I just need to take it steady and the form will come back.

I had results back from a load of blood tests I had done. The highlight was a cracking cholesterol level of 3.1. That puts me at fairly low risk of developing heart disease which is one good thing.

Tomorrow is a tempo run. I'm not sure what the session will be but at least 3 miles at marathon pace is required. Hopefully I'll get out at lunchtime and the weather won't be too miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment