Thursday 23 January 2014

Slowly does it, two more easy runs

You've got to be careful coming back from a bit of illness. It's easy to pick up a secondary infection or set the previous infection off again as the immune system is still a little weak.

Yesterday I went out for a gentle jog with plenty of rest and a few 2 mins steady efforts just to see how I felt. Well, the legs were a bit rusty but I was pleased that I had no reaction in my lungs or heart.

Today I went out for an hour. I kept the heart rate in my Zone 2 which is 146-155. It was hard work keeping in the zone as I was getting a little excited. I completed 7 miles and the legs felt a bit tired at the end but thankfully I've had no negative reaction.

I'm eating sensibly and drinking plenty including lots of cranberry juice.  Part of my issue has been letting myself get dehydrated so I've a new discipline of drinking at least 2 litres of water a day.

Tomorrow I'm tempted to try a short-ish tempo run, maybe a mile or 2 in zone 3/4 but we'll see. That might be a bit too much too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment