Friday 4 December 2009

Early morning Tempo. 7.7 miles

An early start this morning for the tempo run. The plan was 6 miles, alternating 3 on and 3 off. I decided the Wheathampstead loop was perfect.

I warmed up by doing a loop via the High Street, Sun Lane and Stewart Road. Passed Niall's house and was surprised to hear a cry of "Alright Kenny!" Quick chat and then I was off.

First mile was good, reasonably flat and not too muddy. Averaged 6.32 pace. The 2nd mile on started in the fields, so it was next to impossible to get any speed. Eventually made it to the High Street and the speed increased. Average for the 2nd mile was 6.56. Third mile on was back on flattish and firm ground and I averaged 6.49.

The session was good, I felt the effort was good and the pace sustainable. Overall I covered 7.7 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment