Friday 11 December 2009

The future's Orange, 5.5 miles

It's got so foggy that some new kit has been required. So here it is, orange Polaris jacket to ensure I do my bit to avoid getting run over in the fog and dark.

Today was tempo time. The target was 5 miles at sub 7 pace. I felt ok on the warm up and headed up to the Nickey Line. 5 miles would take me through to the woods and back through the park, up to West Common and then down to Southdown.

The run was tough. There's been so much rain that the paths and fields are very slippy and its hard running. I felt reasonably ok all the way to West Common. That was the 4 mile mark, the last section was downhill and I upped the pace, finishing the last 0.4miles sub 6.

Overall it was 5.5miles and happy with a 7.03 average in the conditions. That's 200 miles in just under 5 weeks. 19 weeks to go, so with an easy few weeks before the race I need to up the schedule.

It's been a tough week. The weather is uninspiring, work has meant a fair amount of travel and so it's been hard to keep going. The weekend will be telling. I hope to cover over 25miles in the next 2 days.

On the upside I seem to be approaching the 3-pack stage. I've not exactly been carrying a lot of extra weight but what was there is disappearing fast. I'll let you know when I get closer to the 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment