Sunday 13 December 2009

Early Sunday Morning, 14.0 miles

Niall's injured, Dave & Simon were doing the Bedford half, which left me and the 2 Scousers. Anthony & Paul hadn't met but it turned out they were from the same area of Liverpool and might even be long lost brothers.

I did a slow 3 miles before the meet at 0715, well it was supposed to be slow. I miscalculated and ended up sprinting the last 800m to make sure I made it. I got a deserved slagging for that and might have been a minute late. Just as well Niall wasn't around or they'd have gone. Funnily I'd bumped into Paul doing the same sneaky trick at 0645.

I'd suggested a 10 miler to Anthony, as he'd done a 15 and a 13 the previous 2 weeks so was due an easy one. However, with Paul setting the pace it would be quicker.

We headed to Meadway and then along the paths to Pipers Lane and Ayers End Lane. From there it was Childwickbury and Beeson End Lane, then up Crabtree and home via a Dalkeith Road loop. The pace was 8-ish for most of it. Beeson End saw it slip back but we picked it up. Crabtree was close to 8's again and then an easy 9 to get home.

Overall it was 14.0 miles, average pace was 8.29. HR averaged 153 (Z2). Not too shabby. Feel pretty good after 24.6 miles in 2 days. No niggles or tightness. My belt has had to tighten another notch though or else my jeans will fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment