Tuesday 15 December 2009

We are Leeds. 6.8 miles

A visit to Heart Research UK was the highlight of my day. With work taking me to Leeds, Melanie the PR Guru was kind enough to agree to me calling into the office to meet everyone. Both Melanie and Rachel gave up there time to talk me through the work and hear why I was running for the cause. To have met the team behind the charity was great and will help when the miles get tougher to churn out and remind me why I'm seeking sponsorship.

This morning I dropped the car in St Albans for a health check and decided to run home. I took the Batchwood-Childwickbury-Beeson End route. 6.8 miles in just under an hour at 8.45 pace means a perfect easy start to the week. The legs feel ok, no aches or pains and hopefully I can do a few miles over 50 this week.

I'm in a nice hotel in Leeds. Very luxurious and in the middle of a golf course. But I'd rather be at home than watching Dundee Utd v Rangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment