Monday 28 December 2009

Last one in Scotland, 14 miles

So we head back to England tomorrow and so this would be my last run in the hills for a while.

The weather has got seriously cold, minus 9 overnight and a bit below zero during the day. The roads were icy so I had to tread carefully. Decided on a climb to Loch Turret and then a loop of Monzie-Gilmaton and the a climb to the top of the Knock.

Highlight of the run was the spectacular views at Loch Turret. Ice on the loch but sun on the hills was awesome. Lowlight was the temperature in the valley, must have been minus 5. Absolute nightmare, especially as I was in shorts.

Overall it was 14miles at 10min mile pace. 2279ft climbed.

My Scottish runs have taken me over 63miles in 6 days. That's the most I've ever done and in these conditions that's quite an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment