Saturday 3 October 2009

Early windy cycle

It was a windy one and it was clear Dave was gonna struggle to make 0715 if he hadn't left a few minutes early. At 0715 I decided to head down towards Paul's guessing I'd meet him Dave on the way. There was no sign so Paul & I headed out towards Wheato thinking we'd meet him but never met up. He'd come the other way and arrived at mine around 0720. Nightmare.

Paul and I took it steady, up to Gaddesdon Row, then over to the Ayotts and then the big sprint to Kimpton. Paul throws in sprints to the town sign posts and normally he's passed them before I've realised what he's up to. Anyway, we're chatting away and I see him check his gears, I look ahead and sure enough there's the Kimpton sign. I was off before he could get in gear, but I'd gone too early, in the wrong gear and just as the sign was approaching I was aware he was catching fast. Another 10 yards and he'd have done it but this one was mine. First I think!

We headed up passed Barleybean Farm and down through Peters Green. Down at Lower Luton Road we witnessed a near car crash. Some eejit got distracted by us and pulled out in front of two cars. Scary moment.

17 miles completed in 1.21. The wind was a struggle in parts but all in all an easy ride and a good contribution to the taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment