Saturday 17 October 2009

Saturday Spin with Dave

Dave was up for the Bison Hill loop and keen to nail it before the winter set in. We met up at West Common, still slightly dark and cold but we were on time and off to Redbourn.

Over to Redbourn and Gaddesdon Row was uneventful. We thenhad a nice downhill prior to the climb to Potten End. From there we went through Ashridge Forest and were fortunate to see 6-7 deer including 2 stags.

From the forest the plan was to draft down towards Bison Hil. I was to lead and hold 27-28mph. I'm not sure how long Dave was on my tail but at the bottom I was on my own.

Bison Hill was a few miles further on. I hit it hard and felt the effort in my legs and lungs. Dave nailed it and came out with a classic "is that it?" comment. Legend.

We then drafted our way to Markyate, comfortable at 24-25mph.

The final hill was the climb to Slip End. Again it was tough and into a slight wind which meant the downhill was only a 34mph.

We reached Harpenden by 0915 and Dave then had to get back to Hatfield, top effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment