Thursday 1 October 2009

Nearly 10k with Simon

It had been one of those days, finalising a tender and one conference call after the other. Then the call came from Simon, trot round the 10k route at 4pm? A window appeared in my day and I was off.

Simon was doing a pyramid, never done one myself but it looked hard. Meanwhile I trotted around the route again, checking the racing line and talking too Simon on his recoveries. There were workmen who slowed us, golfers who nearly took my head off and a gate to be manouevered, none of which will be there on Oct 11.

There wasn't too much talking after the hill, I was feeling the last few days and Simon was in his longer reps.

I finally caught up towards the end and he spurred me on to finish quickly. Nice run, good break from the tender and 41.58 for 10k was a new PB. Hello hello.

4 comments:

  1. you were gassing all the way around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've done the 10k route so many times now you should be able to do it with you eyes closed on race day

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Kenny, remember to keep the racing to race day! I hope you don't try to talk to me to much during the race. Perhaps you could run the route the night before just to check if your taper has worked? See if you can beat 41:58?

    ReplyDelete