Sunday 4 October 2009

Ultraviolet Light My Way

Today's all about "baby baby baby" so I was never going to get out for long. Niall had called a slow 1 hour run, so I was given the green light to join them but had to be back by 8am, that gave 45mins.

We were 4, no Dave who was doing a fast 20 miler, but Simon and Paul were there. Niall said lets head for Wheathampstead, and we were off. It wasn't too slow, I saw 6.50 pace on the Garmin but luckily that slowed to nearer 7.50. It was uphill too, up towards Mackery End. The route looked like it was going to be good but at 18mins in and heading away from home I had to turn back.

I went back down to the edge of Wheathampstead and picked up the Nicky Line, took the infamous hill up passed the sewage works and home along Topstreet Way.
5.5 miles in 43 mins, average 8.16min/mile pace, average HR 145 which is Z1. How did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment