Friday 16 October 2009

Friday Tempo in the Park

Managed to get away at lunchtime for a swift tempo run. After a warm up it was 24mins @ z4.

The run was along the Nicky Line and then up to the park via the path by the woods. I started off in z3 and struggled to get the heart up but once it got there it was tricky holding an effort that maintained the tight zone (165-171).

By the time I reached the platforms I'd found the pace but the downhill section needed a bit of pushing to stay in the zone. Coming off the Nicky Line I was hit by an uphill and the wind, so I had to reduce speed to stay in 4 and not stray into 5.

I made it back to the end of the path down towards the sport centre but doubled back up towards the manor house. I took the field and made it back to the path before the garmin beeped for 24 mins. Happy with 3.54miles @ 6.46min/mile.

Felt strong and feel I'm still improving week on week. Long cycle tomorrow and long run on Sunday will finish the week nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment